RULES & REGULATIONS FOR SOLOS
Rules and Regulations are designed to monitor the participants “Solo” performances in all eight (8) age groups.
DIVISIONS & AGE CATEGORIES
Ages 2 – 3yrs (exhibition ONLY)
Tamari’i Tamahine – Tamaroa
4 – 7yrs
8 – 10yrs
Taure’a Vahine – Tane
11 – 13yrs
14 – 17yrs
Toa Tane & Purotu Vahine
The Solo competition will be implemented as follows:
PROCESS OF ELIMINATION BY AGE CATEGORY
• This elimination process consists of: First Round, Semi-Final Round, and Final Round.
• The First Round and Semi-Final Round eliminations will be staged by groups of up to five (5) participants at a time.
• The Final Round will be staged with no more than three (3) participants at a time.
• Generally, the selected contestants from the First Round will move to the Semi-Final Round.
• Consequently, the top four (4) tane and four (4) vahine from the Semi-Final Round will automatically move to the Final Round to compete for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within their own age group after having participated in the First Round.
• On the other hand, if any age group has only four (4) contestants maximum, they too will automatically move to the Final Round after having participated in the First Round.
• Furthermore, any age group that has a remainder of four (4) or less contestants after the First Round will automatically move directly to the Final Round.